- Recipe courtesy King Arthur Flour
- Hands-on time: 60 mins. to 1 hrs 30 mins.
- Total time: 1 hrs 30 mins. to 2 hrs
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups King Arthur Perfect Pasta Blend
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, cut in ¼” dice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces peas, cooked and drained, optional
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1) To make the pasta: Combine the flour, eggs, and salt in a food processor, and pulse until small clumps form. Add water a tablespoon at a time until the dough becomes cohesive.
2) Knead the dough for 2 minutes, divide it in half, wrap in plastic, and set aside for 30 minutes. Note: you can also mix and knead the dough using a mixer.
3) Run the dough, one piece at a time, through a pasta machine set to its thickest setting. Repeat the process, gradually reducing the thickness to the last setting, flouring as necessary.
4) Cut the pasta into 12″-long pieces, then cut each piece into ¾”-wide strands. Lay the strands on a floured surface as you roll out the remaining dough.
5) Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil.
6) To make the sauce: Heat the olive oil, add the bacon, and cook until crisp. Add the garlic and peas, and cook for another minute.
7) Drop the pasta into the boiling water; stir and cook for 3 minutes.
8) Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
9) Add the pasta and reserved water to the hot sauce, and stir to coat evenly.
10) Immediately transfer the hot pasta to a large serving bowl, and toss with the egg yolks and Parmesan. Serve hot.