Republished with permission from EatGreenTea.com
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hours
Total Cook Time: 2 hours
Yield: 4 servings
4 cups Napa/Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
3 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon organic, edible green tea leaves
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
6 medium shrimp, shells on
3 cloves garlic, sliced
½ tomato, sliced and de-seeded
Oil for frying
1) Shell and de-vein the shrimp (keeping the shells for later) then poach in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes until just cooked through. Cool, slice lengthways and refrigerate.
2) Wash the shells thoroughly and dry. Heat the sesame oil in a pan before adding the dried shells and green tea leaves. Keep them on a moderate heat for 5-10 minutes.
3) Take the shells out of the mixture but add the oil and tea leaves to the lime juice, fish sauce and cilantro, adding salt to taste. Stir all ingredients together to make the dressing for the salad.
4) For the salad itself, mix the cabbage, sesame seeds, peanuts, shrimp and tomato in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss well.
5) Heat some oil in a pan and fry the garlic until golden brown. Sprinkle over the top of the salad to finish.