Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 2 hr 20 min
Yields: 12 to 14 servings
- 1 pound of 1″ size tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and quartered
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 2 ounces by weight after trimming the stems), rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 limes, squeezed
- 9 cloves of garlic
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 good size green jalapeno peppers (makes a medium spicy salsa), stemmed, and chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water depending on the viscosity desired
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (or to taste)
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, except for the cumin, salt, and black pepper.
2. Blend until a smooth texture is achieved.
3. Add spices and mix thoroughly.
4. Adjust spice levels to your liking.
5. This recipe yields a little under a quart of salsa. Refrigerate what you don’t eat right away.