Recipe courtesy of KQED 6-Sep-2012
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 4-5 pepper slices, serrano and jalapeño
- Small handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice
- Dash of agave nectar
- 2 ounces of tequila
- Soda water
- Salt for the glass
- Jalapeño slices for garnish
1. Add the pepper slices, cilantro, lime juice, agave and tequila to a pint glass.
Personally, I like the kick so I use about 7 pepper slices in my drink. If you do have an aversion to heat, just use one slice. That way you can still appreciate what a culinary masterpiece this drink is.
2. Add ice and shake the mixture thoroughly.
3. Serve in a salted high ball glass and top with soda water.
4. Garnish with a pepper slice and enjoy!